Sunday, November 2, 2008

Nephew's birthday party

Just finished a birthday party for my 2 nephews. (Fwooh..little terrors!) My wife felt it was kind of funny that the party was held at our place, and that we were the main organisers and the parents acted like guests rather than birthday boy's parents. For me, ok la. Just another party (our dunno-number-what so far this year - Christmas open house coming next!!).

Anyway, as usual, I had to do a whole lot of preparations, although this time it was better cos I only made a few simple dishes. The rest was bought.

So today I made:
- Cut fresh veges (salad bar)
- French loaf with tuna dip
- Roast chicken
- Risotto (actually, it's just a fancy name for rice...)

Started preparing abt 3.30pm. After cutting the veges and marinating the chicken, at 4.30 I had to drive all the way to setapak to collect some food we had ordered. The trip took me 1 1/2 hours. I come back and continue to make risotto and the tuna dip and the salad dressing and the roast chicken. Finally kautim all at 8pm. We all went to the poolside for makan. (my wife happy la, not so much to clean up at home!)

There was so much food! We only managed to finish about half, so we packed and tried to give away as much of the leftovers as possible. But we still have a quarter of all the food left! Came back up abt 10pm. I'm so pooped! Thank God for my massage chair - 15 minutes kneading my feet helped a lot!

Actually not bad leh. Got positive reviews for food again. And I think I can handle cooking that much food (enough for abt 30 ppl). We're seriously thinking of going into mini-event catering as a side business. What you think?